|USED FF-1 fuel computer with pre-wired plug and new MGL flow sender. Picture shows the actual instrument powered up and working.
Customer bought the new MGL Vega FF-4 and we took this unit as a part exchange.
Offered with a 6 month guarantee.
The FF-1 fuel management computer is a 2.25" instrument intended for efficient monitoring of fuel flow.
The FF-1 unit can connect to one or two fuel flow senders, one or two fuel level senders or both. Full functionality is available when both level and flow senders are connected. However, if you just connect a fuel flow sender, fuel level is displayed as a calculated value based on flow. Differential fuel flow calculations are also supported for fuel return systems.
Standard automotive fuel level senders can be used, even with odd shaped tanks thanks to a comprehensive, multi point calibration system.
Use the MGL fuel flow sender for non-cowled and exposed engine instalations, or where the sender is mouted outside the engine bay, eg in the cockpit. Or use a Floscan metal sender in the engine compartment.
In addition, the FF-1 can use the airspeed (via the airtalk cable connected to a Infinity ASI-1/ASX-1 indicator) or actual ground speed (by using the optional FF-1 to RS232 GPS cable connected to a RS232 NMEA enabled GPS receiver) to determine fuel range.
- Advanced fuel computer with 13 different modes of operation
- Supports single or dual fuel tanks
- The FF-1 can connect to one or two fuel flow senders, fuel level senders or fuel injectors
- Differential fuel flow calculations are also supported for fuel return systems
- The FF-1 has the ability to connect to an ASI-1/ASX-1 or a NMEA enabled GPS receiver for range based calculations. It can also accept a manually entered estimate cruising speed if an ASI-1/ASX-1 GPS is not available.
- Standard automotive fuel level senders can be used, even with odd shaped tanks due to a comprehensive, multi-point calibration system
- Bilingual support (English and French)
Some possible screen layouts.
MGL Flow Sender
Compatible with a wide range of fuels including those with alcohol/ethanol content.
Mechanical failure of the sender will not block the fuel flow.
The fuel flow sender is compatible with all of MGL Avionics range of products.
Successfully fitted to every possible engine type including large aero engines.
Install outside the engine compartment, in the cockpit or fuselage. Use metal Floscan unit if you need to install a flow sender inside the engine compartment. This is best practice in case of an engine fire.
MGL Avionics Flow Sender manual