1. Secure power supply of sensitive avionics in an aircraft installation.
2. DO-160 power supply qualification of avionics equipment that does not conform.
3. Protection of avionics against the effects of ground faults.
4. Simplification of avionics emergency backup supply design.
5. Lockout of under/over-range voltage supply from avionics.
6. Avionics radio transmitter output power maximizer (most radios will output designed
power at 13.8V).
7. Step down converter from 24/28V aircraft supplies to 12V equipment.
Typical AvioGuard supplied devices
1. EFIS systems
2. Electronic engine monitoring devices
3. Aviation radios and transceivers (VHF, HF)
4. Aviation navigation radios
5. Aviation transponders
6. ADSB receivers and transceivers
7. GPS receivers
8. Intercom systems